The Solax Mobie is the best foldable mobility scooter you can have to take on your travels or in the boot of a car. It weights only 25 kg, can be folded within seconds, and be pulled along like a luggage using its telescopic handle bar.
Its 24V, 10AH Lithium battery allows travel up to 15 km. If that’s not enough, you can even buy a spare battery to go up to 30 km, which can be stored in a handy storage compartment.
The Mobie “S” is the Southeast-Asian edition, customised specially for the local market. It has 7” front wheels which are positioned further apart than other competitor models such as the Free Rider Luggie, Heartway Brio S19 and Merits Yoga S542. This gives the Mobie much better stability, capable of handling the rough pavements of Southeast Asia where wheelchair accessibility is relatively poor.
Now available with option for a Travel Battery, which can be brought on board airplanes without prior approval.
The Solax standard battery is a single 240WH battery. To bring this on board, you need to write in to the airline in advance, tell them you are bringing a mobility aid, then they will decide whether or not to approve your battery for carriage on board. Otherwise, the default limit of 160WH will apply, and you will not be able to bring the battery with you.
The new Solax Travel Battery, however, comes as 2 individual pieces, rated only 120WH each. They can be used individually, or strapped together with velcro to be used as single battery. Based on current regulations, each passenger is allowed to bring one Travel battery, without prior approval for most major airlines.
The Solax Travel Battery is therefore a much better option if you plan to bring the scooter overseas quite often.
** NOTE **
Docking station can only be used with the standard battery, but not the travel battery. Please charge the travel battery through the scooter.
Highly Recommended for:
Mobility scooters are most popular among the elderly who are able to walk, but not over long distances. The scooter extends their travelling range, allowing them to maintain their social life and perform routine tasks such as grocery shopping.
Solax Mobie is best used as a travel mobility scooter to bring along for overseas trips, or for those who need a portable scooter that can be easily put into a car boot.
Transport Suitability Rating: Taxi/Car—Best!
Mobility Scooter Features:
- LTA compliant personal mobility aid (PMA).
- Charger comes with Singapore Safety Mark.
- Scooter can be easily folded within seconds transport or storage.
- 15 km maximum range with standard 24V 10AH Lithium battery. Range can be increased to 30 km with optional spare battery.
- Choice of colours include Red and Blue.
- Flat-free tyres for worry-free travel.
- Wrap-around delta handles make driving easy, even for those with who can only use one hand.
- Adjustable angle tiller allows the user to position the controller into the most ideal driving position.
- LED battery gauge easy to read, even at night.